- Develop and deliver a plan to achieve sustainability and environmental targets in line with corporate guidelines
- Support with finalising the Integrated Management System, communicating with the workforce and achieving accreditation
- Help to review and update risk assessments and subsequent action planning
- Plan and carry out Site Audits / Inspections ensuring that systems are updated with the latest information.
- Provision of proactive advice to Directors and Management on matters relating to Health, Safety & Welfare of employees
- The completion of a monthly dashboard reportable to Company Directors
- Setting up a robust Health and Safety management system and suitable KPI’s
- Carry out Accident Investigations and monitor trends
- Provide relevant training and advisory support to all departments with regard to H&S issues (Fire, First Aid, Hazards, Risk Assessments, COSHH and DSE)
- Liaise with corporate sustainability office in Stockholm to ensure the business is at the forefront of the sustainability effort
The ideal candidate:
- Experienced professional in all aspects of Sustainability solutions – particularly including Quality, H&S and Environment
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar capacity within an engineering and/or manufacturing-based industry
- Knowledge and experience of COSHH would be a distinct advantage
- A NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- Understanding and experience of lean manufacturing principles highly desirable
- Up-to-date knowledge of required H&S legislation
- Good communication skills (written & verbal)
- Proactive attitude to development and enhancement of the systems
- Excellent team player
Salary in the region of £40k per annum depending on experience.
When applying for this role, please confirm your availability to start.