Specialist Area: Shipbuilding / Ship Repair / Ship Maintenance / Drydocks
Location: Asia – Vietnam
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Contract: 1-3 years
• Min 10 years experience in the shipbuilding industry in Shipyards and Ship repair building
• Batchelor Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Excellent knowledge in handling all piping and valve works during a ship’s build
• experience as lead Foreman, pipe fitter or Supervisor in Ship-Repair, Offshore Fabrication or New
• Familiar with International Piping / Welding, Fabrication and Shipbuilding Standards
• Thorough knowledge in various types of piping processes, material grades and welding consumables
estimation and control.
• Knowledge of piping quality tests
Are you an experienced Piping Supervisor?
My client is looking for a driven enthusiastic and experienced piping supervisor to manage and oversee piping and valve works during the shipbuilding process of various projects
The ideal Candidate should demonstrate strong skills and experience to supervise and provide technical guidance to the team/subcontractors, ensuring all aspects of performance and works are in compliance with the project specifications and priorities
Leading all piping and mechanical aspects during the build phase and managing piping and mechanical inspections, potentially across multiple shifts, multiple programs, in a fast-paced environment.
Applicants must have strong leadership skills, be able to interpret and understand piping and mechanical drawings/methods/procedures, analyse Inspection Reports/Engineering Reports,
To manage all aspects of piping fabrication, installation, inspection and quality control. A bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is essential with the ability to read & understand the technical/construction drawings, oversee the installation and repair of piping systems, propose pipe modifications as required and deal with class surveyors
• To ensure that all works are completed on time and to the company standards and clients’ expectations
and in compliance with all HSE policies, practices, procedures and budget constraints.
• Manage all aspects of piping fabrication, installation, inspection and quality control.
• Identify the work on board together with the Project Manager and Superintendent to provide information
to plan work schedules
• Coordinate and liaise with Ship Repair Managers, Ship Superintendents and other trades, ensuring smooth
workflow on projects.
• Provide back up to the Sr. Foreman for managing and handling projects including providing technical
advice as required.
• Ensure that all work is carried out to the required quality in the best possible manner and within the
guidelines of industry’s best engineering practices.
• Conduct frequent audits and document the outcomes to verify that enough efforts have been put in the areas of productivity, safety and quality.
• Ensure that the safety, Quality & Environment requirements of the yard are strictly followed.
• Good Planning and execution skills, proven leadership quality and communication skills.
• Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of workers
• Excellent command of English language oral and written.
• Should be conversant with applicable safe working practices, quality & standards Ability to Manage /
Control a multi-national workforce
• Take ownership of success or failure of the individual projects and resort to corrective measure to
avoid recurrence in future.
• Identify training requirements for staff and provide suitable training and guidance.
• Ensure that the safety management programmes on departments safety objectives are strictly followed and
action is taken against defaulters to prevent recurrence.
• Co-ordinate scheduled and unscheduled work activities with other units
• Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
• Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
• Prepare production and other reports
• Ensure that the Safety, Quality & Environment requirements of the yard are strictly followed
• Ensure piping supervision is fully compliant
• Review dimension control / fit up inspection reports
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Sezen@jobsinmaritime.com
Tagged as: mechanical, Shipbuilding, Shipyard, Supervisor