General Area of Responsibility
To provide operational support in order to deliver towage services, to establish and maintain good
customer and working relations both inside and outside of the organisation.
The role will be in part of a team which will work on a rota basis covering 24/7/365
Specific Area of Responsibility:
Your main tasks will be:
To receive orders from the customer, organising the scheduling and logistics of fleet
in order to ensure most efficient use of assets to deliver optimum service.
• Enter and update order information into the sales database for accurate tracking of
• To provide tug utilisation ensuring that obligations for availability of expertise,
equipment and personnel are met at all times in order to maintain customer
satisfaction and operational efficiency.
• To work closely with the Operations and Technical departments to ensure that the
tugs are available for scheduled maintenance as and when required.
• Working closely with the Operations team to deploy assets for towage services to
• Deal with requests for coastal work, salvages or special services as they arise
ensuring that all relevant parties are informed as promptly and accurately as possible.
• Maintain a good relationship and co-ordinate regularly with other port stakeholders,
including the port authority and customer representatives.
• Participate in an agreed rota system to ensure we provide 24hour coverage for
towage operations and emergency service.
• Liaise with crew to maintain operational availability, and ensure compliance with
relevant working time legislation.
• Input of crew pay claims for the local operation to ensure accurate entries in
accordance with agreed pay scales and local agreement.
• Regularly process operational invoice information which has been entered into sales
database in order to keep an accurate record of work performed, and to facilitate
efficient production of sales invoices.
• Occasional overtime may be required to cover sickness within the rota system
• Assist with general administration tasks and undertake such other duties as may be
required from time to time to ensure the operational efficiency of the business.
• 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above including Maths and English or equivalent
• Knowledge and experience within the Marine Industry preferred
• Experience in an administrational / operational role preferred
• Proficient in IT systems essential
Jobs in Maritime recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. We will not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, marital status, disability, age, health, employment status, sexual orientation or religion.