Become part of an exciting, market leading, and vibrant company within the maritime industry, and part of a team with high standards and handpicked proficiency.
We offer a great career development opportunity within the maritime service industry working for the world’s leading towage provider. We strive every day compassionately to maintain our world leading position, drive change, and win in the markets in which we operate.
This opening is an opportunity to work covering a number of ports working closely not only with the Port Manager but also crews and operational staff as well as external stakeholders in demonstrating your business acumen. You will grow your professional career through leadership and you will adopt a broad network within the company, where learning and development opportunities are numerous. This position is based in Gravesend and travel within the area is to be expected with occasional travel around the UK and Europe.
Reports to – Port Manager
General Area of Responsibility
To assist the operation and wider management team in the provision of marine operational
expertise to ensure all vessels and crew meet their safety, environmental and operational
Specific Area of Responsibility:
Your main tasks will be:
Training and competencies
• Ability to set objectives and deliver results that have direct long-term impact
• Ability to communicate new concepts and practices persuasively at all levels
• Ability to collaborate with various levels in the organisation and across locations
• Ability to use MS office as well as HMS, Sertica and other internal systems
• Ability to identify problems and provide innovative solutions
• Ability to apply broad knowledge and leaderships skills to related job areas
• Ability to meet strict deadlines when under pressure
• Clear understanding of certification and document control with regards to vessel
Jobs in Maritime recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. We will not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, marital status, disability, age, health, employment status, sexual orientation or religion.