Seeking a Chief Engineer, 1st or 2nd Engineer that would like to get into training
Lecturer in Marine Engineering
Job reference: REQ000077
UK MCA Certificate of Competency Unlimited (Engine) or formal qualifications relating to operational work
Location: Multi-sited, although based at Gravesend SalarySpine Points 32 (£30,280) – 37 (£35,104), rising to Spine Point 39 (£37,251) with a full teaching qualification. PackagePlease see advert text Job category/typeTeaching Job descriptionFor a full job description, including a person specification, please
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum.
Salary: Spine Points 32 (GBP 30,280) – 37 (GBP 35,104), rising to Spine Point 39 (GBP 37,251) with a full teaching qualification.
Accountable to: NMTC Manager / Vice Principal – Business Development & Commercial Services
To teach, support, assess and offer guidance within the National Maritime Training Centre, including engineering courses, STCW short safety courses and delivering engineering apprenticeships to ensure they complete in a timely fashion.
• To undertake lecturing and the associated preparation and marking for a range of programmes including engineering courses, STCW safety courses and engineering apprenticeships including functional skills.
• To undertake Administrative/Organisational duties for the Curriculum Area and Directorate.
• To develop new programmes as appropriate within the National Maritime Training Centre.
• To take an active part in the working of Teaching Teams.
• To undertake the role of Personal Tutor for apprentices and liaise with their employers.
• To undertake any other task, as designated by the NMTC Manager or Vice Principal – Business Development & Commercial Services, or which is within the range of the roles and responsibilities of the position.
2.1 (a) You will be employed as a Lecturer in which capacity you will be required to perform such duties consistent with your position as may from time to time be assigned to you.
(b) To prepare, teach and assess at appropriate levels.
(c) To supervise environments conducive to learning within NMTC.
(d) To provide appropriate guidance to employer organisations and individuals.
2.2 (i) To contribute to the administration of the Department as appropriate:
• Programme co-ordination
• Assisting in the completion of examining body documentation
• Research and scholarly activities
(ii) General administration duties including: record keeping, filing, photocopying, draft contracts, examination results, student evaluation forms, checking register receipt numbers, contact with students and/or parents/employers during periods of absence, work experience arrangements and all other duties.
(iii) To contribute to and lead areas of development in programmes, facilities, services, learning materials, and the management and supervision of student visit programmes.
(iv) To contribute to marketing, interviews, selection, enrolment and induction of new
(v) To assist and lead, where appropriate, in the development of cross college curriculum activities and be willing to receive college based and individual staff development and updating training as well as maintain an up to date knowledge of subjects appropriate to the functions of lecturing and assessing.
2.3 You may be required in pursuance of your duties to perform services not only for the
Corporation but also for any subsidiary.
2.4 You are expected to work flexibly and efficiently, to maintain the highest professional standards and to promote and implement the policies of the Corporation.
2.5 You will be expected to comply with any rules and regulations which the Corporation may from
time to time issue to ensure the efficient operation of its business and the welfare and interests of its students and employees.
2.6 You will be required to meet College IT standards specific for the role.
All employees of the College are expected to work in such a way that delivers the following behaviours:
1. Customer focussed, through a “can do” attitude.
2. Consistent and reliable.
3. Has a collaborative, supportive and tolerant approach.
4. Reflective, and embraces new initiatives in order to improve performance.
5. Consistently delivers good or outstanding lessons.
6. Inspires, motivates and challenges students to achieve outstanding outcomes.
Location: This role is considered to be multi-sited (Gravesend and Thameside campuses).However, the nature of the work will require travel to any of the College sites.
Working within the NMTC team, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitability qualified and experienced marine engineer to join the college as a Lecturer.
You will be required to teach, support, assess and offer guidance within the National Maritime Training Centre, including engineering courses, STCW short safety courses and delivering engineering apprenticeships to ensure they complete in a timely fashion.
In return, you can look forward to other excellent benefits including 37 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, free parking, onsite nursery, restaurants and a coffee shop. In addition to the above, you will enjoy discounted sports facilities, gym membership and beauty treatments.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. All appointments are subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check,providing it to the College for review.