- Integrated navigation system from Simrad January 16, 2018Simrad has launched a new NSO evo3 integrated navigation system for larger cruising and sportfishing boats.
- Moskito recovers 400 tonnes of oil from sunken ship in Singapore Straits January 16, 2018A Moskito hot tap tool and oil recovery system from Norway’s Miko Marine extracted 400 tonnes of heavy fuel oil from the tanks of the sunken general cargo vessel ‘Thorco Cloud’ last year.
- 3D printed offshore crane hook passes load testing January 16, 2018A 3D printed offshore crane hook has successfully passed 80mt load tests opening up the potential of the manufacturing technique to the marine industry.
- Transforming underwater exploration and inspection January 16, 2018According to Ted Curley, Chief Development Officer at Aquabotix, when utilized separately, autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs) and remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) possess distinct capabilities for users across multiple industries
- IC-M85E VHF waterproof marine and PBR handheld radio January 16, 2018Designed with a particular emphasis on commercial use the IC-M85E is described as a high-class business waterproof marine handheld that meets both marine and simple Private Business Radio (PBR) applications.
Jobs in Maritime E-News Bulletin – Sponsored by Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Have you considered how further training can help your career? Learn More Continue Reading
Help is finally on the way for the thousands of STEM candidates who want to return to engineering after a career break, but fear that their skills are out of date. An exciting new ‘STEM Returners Programme’ is specifically designed... Continue Reading
The UK maritime industry’s most rewarding team-building event is on 7-8 July 2018, when up to 30 teams of trekkers will take on Seafarers UK’s 24 Peaks Challenge. Over 24 hours, 24 peaks over 2,400 feet in the Lake District... Continue Reading
Two-day ‘Supporting Seafarers’ conference coincided with launch of ten-year research report Ten years on from the publication in 2007 of ‘Supporting Seafarers and their Families: Challenges for the Future’, a new report, ‘Navigating Change – A Review of the UK... Continue Reading
Mairéad Ní Cheóinín has been appointed to Seafarers UK as the charity’s new Corporate Fundraising Manager where her focus will be on engaging with the commercial maritime sector. Mairéad brings a wealth of business development, marketing experience and industry knowledge... Continue Reading
Human Rights at Sea is very pleased to announce that following the success of the mental health welfare leaflet “Remaining Resilient after Traumatic Events”, the leaflet is now available in the Tagalog language. The leaflet is now available on both... Continue Reading
This week the Port of London Authority (PLA) and the London Tilbury Seafarers Centre (LTSC) is distributing food gift bags to crews visiting the port, to show their appreciation during Seafarers Awareness week. The gift bags include British favourites including... Continue Reading
Facing Brexit, the UK’s ‘island nation’ dependence on shipping and seafarers is set to grow As the UK finally embarks on Brexit negotiations, our island nation’s attention is being focused on the vital role our ports, harbours and seafarers will... Continue Reading
The Port of London Authority (PLA) is inviting over 16s to take a look at its opportunities for apprenticeships at a special Open Day on Friday, 30 June. The PLA looks after 95 miles of the tidal Thames, from the... Continue Reading
The Port of London Authority (PLA) has broken ground for the construction of a new radar tower in Northfleet, Kent, as part of the 18-strong radar network it operates, overseeing safe navigation on the UK’s busiest waterway. The PLA is... Continue Reading
- Thames Tideway Connect:
What is the best thing about a career in maritime
Tall Ships Festival 2017 – Thanks for all your support which has meant a great deal. Until next time…
Tall Ships Festival 2017 – Just wanted to say thanks for a great event.
Tall Ships Festival 2017 – A huge thank you for your hospitality last night. It was a great treat to travel up through Tower Bridge on a Tall Ship, a unique opportunity. Great to meet you Peter and fabulous to spend time with you Sezen. A really good evening and event.
Tall Ships Festival 2017 – It was a pleasure! Thank you for inviting us and for giving us such a superb spot. It was a very successful event for us where we managed to attract a good number of new supporters and spread some MCS love around the wonderful setting of Greenwich.
Tall Ships Festival 2017 – We are very pleased to be supporting National Maritime/ Jobs in Maritime at this prestigious event, and on behalf of VolkerStevin and our guests, I would like to thank you once again.
Thank you, Sezen, for an excellent meeting, which I attended in some trepidation, being something of a backroom person, but it was very useful and I made some good contacts.
Many thanks – I’m very happy it hit the spot. I enjoyed the various interactions before, after the presentation and there were a lot of good connections made.
Thanks for a great event & all u do to promote our great maritime sector.
It was good to meet you at Invest In Blue. It was a good event, I found it useful, being so new to the industry.
Thank you all for an excellent conference. It was beautifully organised, and went swimmingly as a result. I thought the programme was very good, and hit the spot precisely.
Thank you very much for the event. It was a great success! If only there were even more events like that in the industry.
Thanks for hosting a fantastic event, I really enjoyed the range of talks and the diversity of delegates. I look forward to making the Maritime Connection again in 2 years.
Our pleasure well done on an amazing and successful event.
Thank you for all your assistance at INVESTINBLUE, what excellent service.
Again thank you for the great organisation. I hope that today you will have a success like yesterday.
Great event, thanks once again! You all did a great job!!
Thank you so much for all your help; chalk this one up as another success!