- New Aquabotix partnership and sale March 16, 2018Aquabotix will integrate the Water Linked Underwater GPS system with its Endura remotely operated vehicle (ROV) as part of a partnership between the companies.
- STR expands Saab Seaeye vehicle fleet March 15, 2018Announced at the Saab Seaeye stand at Oceanology International 2018, Subsea Technology & Rentals Ltd has added an additional Saab Seaeye Falcon robotic vehicle to its global rental fleet of inspection class vehicles, with planned investment for more Falcons in the near future.
- OXE diesel outboard powered landing craft March 15, 2018Appearing at Seawork International 2018 will be this useful landing craft type workboat that is powered by a pair of the new OXE 200hp diesel outboard motors.
- Intelligent awareness: a new way to navigate? March 15, 2018Today ships and boats are navigating with displays showing the radar and the electronic chart, the latter known as ECDIS. Radar gives the horizontal view of what is going on outside and the electronic chart gives a plan view. Now Rolls Royce has come up with a new addition to the navigator’s repertoire of displays, […]
- New floating lifeboat station at Poole March 15, 2018A new floating lifeboat station has been installed at Poole, UK that has been designed to improve the efficiency of the lifeboats at this busy station.
Technical skills are at a premium for the maritime industry. The easiest way to show employers your skills is to have a recognised qualification on your CV – that’s where Lloyd’s Maritime Academy come in. With online courses you can... Continue Reading
Jobs in Maritime E-News Bulletin – Sponsored by Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Have you considered how further training can help your career? Learn More Continue Reading
Help is finally on the way for the thousands of STEM candidates who want to return to engineering after a career break, but fear that their skills are out of date. An exciting new ‘STEM Returners Programme’ is specifically designed... Continue Reading
The UK maritime industry’s most rewarding team-building event is on 7-8 July 2018, when up to 30 teams of trekkers will take on Seafarers UK’s 24 Peaks Challenge. Over 24 hours, 24 peaks over 2,400 feet in the Lake District... Continue Reading
Two-day ‘Supporting Seafarers’ conference coincided with launch of ten-year research report Ten years on from the publication in 2007 of ‘Supporting Seafarers and their Families: Challenges for the Future’, a new report, ‘Navigating Change – A Review of the UK... Continue Reading
Mairéad Ní Cheóinín has been appointed to Seafarers UK as the charity’s new Corporate Fundraising Manager where her focus will be on engaging with the commercial maritime sector. Mairéad brings a wealth of business development, marketing experience and industry knowledge... Continue Reading
Human Rights at Sea is very pleased to announce that following the success of the mental health welfare leaflet “Remaining Resilient after Traumatic Events”, the leaflet is now available in the Tagalog language. The leaflet is now available on both... Continue Reading
This week the Port of London Authority (PLA) and the London Tilbury Seafarers Centre (LTSC) is distributing food gift bags to crews visiting the port, to show their appreciation during Seafarers Awareness week. The gift bags include British favourites including... Continue Reading
Facing Brexit, the UK’s ‘island nation’ dependence on shipping and seafarers is set to grow As the UK finally embarks on Brexit negotiations, our island nation’s attention is being focused on the vital role our ports, harbours and seafarers will... Continue Reading
The Port of London Authority (PLA) is inviting over 16s to take a look at its opportunities for apprenticeships at a special Open Day on Friday, 30 June. The PLA looks after 95 miles of the tidal Thames, from the... Continue Reading
- National Maritime Big Skills Debate
Tall Ships Festival 2017 – Thanks for all your support which has meant a great deal. Until next time…
Tall Ships Festival 2017 – Just wanted to say thanks for a great event.
Tall Ships Festival 2017 – A huge thank you for your hospitality last night. It was a great treat to travel up through Tower Bridge on a Tall Ship, a unique opportunity. Great to meet you Peter and fabulous to spend time with you Sezen. A really good evening and event.
Tall Ships Festival 2017 – It was a pleasure! Thank you for inviting us and for giving us such a superb spot. It was a very successful event for us where we managed to attract a good number of new supporters and spread some MCS love around the wonderful setting of Greenwich.
Tall Ships Festival 2017 – We are very pleased to be supporting National Maritime/ Jobs in Maritime at this prestigious event, and on behalf of VolkerStevin and our guests, I would like to thank you once again.
Thank you, Sezen, for an excellent meeting, which I attended in some trepidation, being something of a backroom person, but it was very useful and I made some good contacts.
Many thanks – I’m very happy it hit the spot. I enjoyed the various interactions before, after the presentation and there were a lot of good connections made.
Thanks for a great event & all u do to promote our great maritime sector.
It was good to meet you at Invest In Blue. It was a good event, I found it useful, being so new to the industry.
Thank you all for an excellent conference. It was beautifully organised, and went swimmingly as a result. I thought the programme was very good, and hit the spot precisely.
Thank you very much for the event. It was a great success! If only there were even more events like that in the industry.
Thanks for hosting a fantastic event, I really enjoyed the range of talks and the diversity of delegates. I look forward to making the Maritime Connection again in 2 years.
Our pleasure well done on an amazing and successful event.
Thank you for all your assistance at INVESTINBLUE, what excellent service.
Again thank you for the great organisation. I hope that today you will have a success like yesterday.
Great event, thanks once again! You all did a great job!!
Thank you so much for all your help; chalk this one up as another success!