One of the world’s largest terminal operators, this company offers the opportunity to work for a global organisation in an exciting working environment that relies on team work, commitment, communication and leadership.
The Company is the UK’s most integrated logistics hub, a state-of-the-art, globally connected deep-sea port and rail terminal.
As a result of continued growth and the expansion of services, we are looking to increase our team of dedicated technicians to support the increased utilisation of equipment.
The integral role of Electrical Technician contributes to the smooth running of terminal operations by ensuring availability and reliability of cranes and mobile equipment. Technicians are assigned to an asset group, to carry out preventive maintenance, repairs and project related work, as well as to provide support during the delivery, inspection and commissioning of new equipment.
This role is required to work a day shift pattern which includes some weekend working.
To ensure that all preventive maintenance and repair activities are carried out at the highest level of efficiency and quality at optimum cost. To work safely and effectively in accordance with internal and HSE requirements. Maintain high equipment availability, reliability and safety standards in line with goals and objectives set out by the Company.
- Carry out preventive maintenance and repair activities following Company Safety standards, engineering procedures, safe industry practices and statutory regulations and requirements. The maintenance and repair works may also involve mechanical duties.
- To competently carry out preventive maintenance and repair works in order to minimise equipment downtime.
- Collect data/information while carrying out work on any asset and provide to Engineering Planners.
- Manage and supervise contractors during delivery and commissioning of equipment or while working on any asset, ensuring safe working practices are followed.
- To support the development, improvement and updating of method statements and risk assessments for any preventive maintenance or repairs carried out on any asset.
- Lead by example and encourage others to implement and improve safe working procedures and practices.
- Work closely with the stores and Asset Managers to maintain inventory and stock levels.
- Continuously innovate and improve to ensure optimal productivity and equipment performance.
The above outlined responsibilities are not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other tasks that are appropriate to your role in addition to these.
National Qualifications Framework – Minimum Level 3 Qualification (NVQ, City & Guilds etc.)
Professional qualification in electrical discipline.
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrable experience of equipment maintenance.
- Trouble shooting and fault diagnostic of electrical and control circuits.
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Understanding of PLC programming is not essential, however a basic understanding will be
- Trouble shooting motors and inverter drives/frequency controllers.
- Experience and knowledge of HSE regulations related to equipment maintenance and
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Starting salary: £42,900 per annum next reviewed in April 2019
- Potential to earn up to 10% annual bonus – paid quarterly in line with department KPI’s
- 33 days’ holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- 3-month probationary period
- Contributory pension scheme – Company contributes 6%
- 4 x basic salary death in service
- Health Cash Plan – single cover
- 43.25 hours per week, covering Monday to Sunday (pattern to be confirmed).
- Comprehensive and ongoing training
- Salary sacrifice benefits to scheme to suit individuals including
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green Car Lease Scheme
- Taste Card
- Travel Insurance
- Gym membership
Located on site there is a canteen offering a variety of food options choices at a great price and two fully equipped gyms, which are available and free for all staff.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief or marital status.
All positions are subject to CRB checks.
Closing date for applications: 31st December 2018
Please note that we are unable to consider CVs from candidates who DO NOT have the right to live and work in the UK for this position.